Wolfie Designs, in collaboration with Zandri Grimbeek, a registered counsellor, is busy designing a series of psychological resources.
Timothy had to go to the hospital so that the special doctors that work there could heal him. Timothy has never been to a hospital before and he was very scared to go there. Mommy and Daddy packed his hospital bag the previous night.
Timothy was then taken to a room where he would receive anesthesia. The doctor told Timothy that he must go on an adventurous journey! The journey will take him to a faraway planet named “Anesthesia”. The anesthesia machine looked like a tiny spaceship.
This valuable book has 40 pages and includes the following:
1. Practical, fun stories about children's emotions and feelings about their hospital experience.
2. Four practical activities to ease the child into their hospital experience.
3. The following emotions are discussed: alone, confused, scared, sad, pain.
4. Every emotion has a short story to explain the emotion and how to deal wit it.
5. Four reasons explained to the child why we sometimes have to go to hospital.
6. Seven tips to parents who’s child is going to hospital.
7. Two certificates of bravery - one for a boy and one for a girl.
8. Tips to parents whose child may be traumatized after a hospital visit.
9. Appropriate pictures to color in.
Under no circumstances is this resource allowed to be resold or distributed.